Michael Vaughn brings 35 years of transactional corporate experience to Taylor English. As a partner in the firm’s corporate department, Mr. Vaughn focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and other strategic transactions. He guides clients through complicated deals while balancing legal and business challenges.
Mr. Vaughn has extensive M&A experience, having navigated deals on both the buy and sell-sides in a variety of settings – public, private, domestic and international, and has guided clients through public offerings, private placements, secured lending arrangements and credit facilities. He provides counsel to clients in numerous industries including healthcare, software and information technology, medical device, real estate, food and beverage, insurance, manufacturing and distribution.
A highly regarded corporate attorney, Mr. Vaughn has deep roots in Southern California’s business community. He has worked with clients to craft custom executive compensation and equity incentive plans, and prepared and negotiated a broad variety of contracts for important business relationships. Mr. Vaughn provides his clients with key support in all business and administrative functions, successfully collaborating with financial, accounting and tax advisors and serving as a trusted advisor to executives, boards of directors and board committees.
In addition to his outside counsel experience, Mr. Vaughn also has significant experience serving in in-house General Counsel roles for a privately held, VC-backed medical device manufacturer and a publicly traded software provider.
- American Bar Association, Member
- California Lawyers Association, Business Law Section, Member
- City of Rancho Santa Margarita, California: Mayor, 2018, City Council Member, 2014-2018, Planning Commissioner, 2013-2014
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- RSM Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- The State Bar of California, Member
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Food & Beverage
- Real Estate
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, JD, 1987
- Arizona State University, BS, with honors, 1983